Explore Your Options When Selling Your House in Austin

It’s been said that selling your house can be just as stressful as other major life events. When you’re under duress and need to sell your house quickly, additional strain is added to the mix. We’ll help you by exploring your options when selling your house in Austin. 

Exploring All of Your Options When Selling Your House in Austin

Listing Agent

Selling your house in Austin through a professional real estate agent, which is the traditional method. Agents are paid based on a percentage of the sale price in addition to other possible fees they or their broker may also charge. Market conditions can impact your asking price in this demand-driven market.In Texas most traditional real estate agents can charge upto 3% to the seller’s agent and 3% to the buyer’s agent making for a total of 6% of the actual price that your house was sold for.

You’ll need to invest in updates and repairs in preparation for showings while playing a waiting game until the right buyer comes along. Usually requiring inspections of the house, they may also require repairs prior to closing. Sadly, you could end up with a buyer that doesn’t qualify for the mortgage, after taking all of the steps to meet the qualifications from banks and waiting for the mortgage underwriting process and property inspection. This can cost not only money, but time.

Cash Offers

Because professional buyers usually offer cash, you can expect a quick sale and closing on your house in Austin. The sale of your house is usually as-is, which speeds the process even further, saving you both time and money. This also alleviates you of the legal responsibilities associated with disclosure.

Professional buyers are taking higher risks, offer faster cash sales for houses, and with no repairs made by you. For these reasons, their offers are usually lower than properties sold as For Sale By Owner (FSBO) or listed on the MLS. At Vista Ridge Properties, we are dedicated to making offers to homeowners that are fair and well thought out. We buy houses fast for cash with usually a quick closing.

For Sale By Owner

Selling a  house in Austin on your own may sound appealing because you will be controlling everything. Professionals, such as real estate agents or auctioneers, charge fees for their services, cutting into your profits. Should you be experienced regarding legal issues where real estate advertisements and transactions are involved, you can save a great deal of money on the deal. However, it can be extremely costly and legally devastating to make an error on either advertising or how you handle all of the aspects of your sale with the buyer. Contracts can be confusing along with addendums.

Short Sale

Depending on the circumstances you find yourself in, you may be able to negotiate a short sale with your lender. You will want to note that this is a very slow-moving process which means that the lender has agreed to allow a sale for less than the remaining debt on the loan.  In Texas this must be handled by a real estate agent who will charge a fee on both the seller’s and the buyer’s side. Those fees are negotiated with the bank, again cutting into your profits.


Avoiding the headaches of showing your house is one of the favorable aspects of auctions. Additionally, these properties close quickly, selling as-is, so you won’t need to continue to pour time and money into repairs and upkeep of your house in Austin.

Keep in mind the usual fee for their service is a rather high 10 percent of the final purchase price. Because most auctions charge their fees to the buyer, lower bids are likely to be made in the attempt on the buyer’s part to pay a lower fee. Make sure you’re aware ahead of time if you’ll be responsible for their fee, which takes more away from your bottom line. Actually, realizing a sale of the property at auction isn’t guaranteed, there could low attendance or several properties up for auction at the same time, leading to lower bids.

We’re happy to further explore all of the options for getting started now on selling your house in Austin. Just call Vista Ridge Properties today at 512-456-3410 or send us a message to learn more!

Get More Info On Options To Sell Your Home...

Selling a property in today's market can be confusing. Connect with us or submit your info below and we'll help guide you through your options.

What Do You Have To Lose? Get Started Now...

We buy houses in ANY CONDITION in TEXAS. There are no commissions or fees and no obligation whatsoever. Start below by giving us a bit of information about your property or call or text 512-456-3410...
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.